- I can’t login to my Overdrive or Libby account to download books. What’s wrong?
The most common answer to this question is that your library card may have expired. If this is the case, email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll happily renew your account until the library re-opens and it’s possible to visit.
- I’m concerned that I won’t be able to pick up the book/movie I reserved because the library is closed. Will I lose my spot?
Don’t fret! Any library materials that you have on hold will be available once the library re-opens. For example, if you’re second in line for the new ‘Spies in Disguise’ DVD, once the library re-opens, the first reserve will get it right away and you’ll be next.
- My library materials are due next week but the library is closed!
No need to worry! All due dates have been extended through April 13 just after the library plans to re-open. If that date is pushed back, we’ll renew your materials for you.
- Will I get fines because the library is closed?
Nope! The library has renewed every single item that everyone in the community has currently checked out so you won’t incur any fines on those materials. If you already had a fine on your card of, say, $6.80, when the library re-opens, your fine will still be $6.80.
- I’m finished with my library materials – can I drop them in the book-drop?
Right now, we are advising everyone to keep their library materials at home with them. There are no library staff members in the building to check these materials in. There’s no rush to bring them back.
- What about programs like Spanish Conversation, Knitter’s Group, Storytime, Read2gether Book Club etc. Are these still running?
Not right now! All regular library operations are on hold for the time being. As soon as we’re back up and running, we’ll remind you about all the programs we have to offer!
- I don’t have internet at home and I rely on the library to check my email. What should I do?
Well, the good news is that the library has an open wi-fi network accessible outside the building 24/7. Use it if you need it! But remember to practice healthy social distancing!