- Does the library offer curbside pick-up or delivery?
The library will begin contactless curbside pick-up on Tuesday, May 19th.
Pick-up hours are: Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10am-12pm Tuesday, Thursday: 4pm-6pm
How it works:
Please place your reserves by logging into your library account using your card number. You may also call the library to reserve items beginning May 19th; phone lines will be open from 10am-4pm or you may leave a message. Items that are reserved will be collected the following day provided that they are available.
Once you have received a notification, please come to the front door and line up outside on the yellow squares; a staff member will greet you and will place your bagged items on the table at the door. Please pick up your items from the table once the staff member has left the table.
The book drop is now open to accept returns. Please check your library account for due dates. All curbside pick up orders will include a date slip. Any items checked out prior to the library closure are due back by June 30th. Please rest assured that all returns will be quarantined following public health guidelines.
We are so excited to see your lovely faces again (from 2 metres away!)
- I can’t login to my Overdrive or Libby account to download books. What’s wrong?
The most common answer to this question is that your library card may have expired. If this is the case, email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll happily renew your account until the library re-opens and it’s possible to visit.
- I’m concerned that I won’t be able to pick up the book/movie I reserved because the library is closed. Will I lose my spot?
Don’t fret! Any library materials that you have on hold will be available once the library re-opens. For example, if you’re second in line for the new ‘Spies in Disguise’ DVD, once the library re-opens, the first reserve will get it right away and you’ll be next. Now that the library is offering curbside pick-up, you should receive a notification about your reserve once it is available for pick-up!
- My library materials are due next week but the library is closed!
No need to worry! All due dates have been extended through June 30th. Our drop box is now open to accept your returns!
- Will I get fines because the library is closed?
Nope! The library has renewed every single item that everyone in the community has currently checked out so you won’t incur any fines on those materials. If you already had a fine on your card of, say, $6.80, when the library re-opens, your fine will still be $6.80.
- I’m finished with my library materials – can I drop them in the book-drop?
Now that we’re back in the building and offering curbside pick-up, we’d like you to return your materials so that other people can have the chance to use them. But don’t worry, you have until June 30th to return them!
- What about programs like Spanish Conversation, Knitter’s Group, Storytime, Read2gether Book Club etc. Are these still running?
Not right now! All regular library operations are on hold for the time being. As soon as we’re back up and running, we’ll remind you about all the programs we have to offer!
- I don’t have internet at home and I rely on the library to check my email. What should I do?
Well, the good news is that the library has an open wi-fi network accessible outside the building 24/7. Use it if you need it! But remember to practice healthy physical distancing!
- I need information on other community services. Where do I go?
Click here for updates on available and impacted services in Lanark County.
- I was planning on attending a Tax Clinic, what do I do now?
Click here for information on the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program.