Community Resources

Your guide to the services in our community

Where To Go For Help

Emergency? Call 911 for Ambulance, Fire and Police.

Distress Centre of Lanark, Leeds and Grenville
5:00pm–midnight, 7 days a week

Lanark County Homeless Response Team
8:30am-4pm Monday-Friday
After-Hours Emergency Homelessness
(ages 16-24) Cornerstone Landing Youth Services
8am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Chris at 613-621-3464 or Dana at 613-621-3463

Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence 24/7 Crisis Line:
Lanark County Interval House & Community Support

Mental Health – 24/7 Crisis Line:
Lanark Leeds and Grenville Addictions & Mental Health Crisis Line
If you or someone you know is thinking of suicide – call 911, go to your nearest hospital, contact your doctor or call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000

Victim Services Lanark County:
613-284-8380 or 1-866-575-0067 (toll free)

Community Meals:
The Table
4:30-6:30pm, Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
190 Gore St. E., Perth
(ages 12-18) YAK
Dinner weeknights 4:00-5:00pm, healthy snacks on hand
1881 Rogers Rd, Perth

Need help finding or navigating programs and resources in our local area?

Ask the The Table’s Community Navigators
Navigators can offer resources, referrals, and support on a wide array of non-emergency issues from applying for help with utility bills, to replacing lost identification, to helping fill out paperwork, to discussing your options in a difficult situation. The office is available to all community members.

Monday, Wednesday & Friday 2pm-5pm
The Table, 190 Gore St. E., Perth

613-267-6428 x 111

Can’t get to The Table? You can also arrange to meet with a Navigator at the Library by calling 613-267-6428 x 111 or emailing


The Table Community Food Centre – Good Food Bank
By appointment only.
190 Gore St. E., Perth
613-267-6428, ext 102

YAK Youth Centre – Food Distribution Kiosk
9am-7pm, Monday-Friday
1881 Rogers Rd., Perth ON

Lanark Highlands Food Pantry
1-4pm Tuesday, 5-7pm Wednesday, 10am-1pm Thursday
115 Clarence St., Lanark

Health & Mental Health Supports

Lanark County Mental Health:
Community based support for adults and youth over 17 who experience mental health concerns.
Smith’s Falls: 613-283-2170
Carleton Place: 613-257-5915

BounceBack is a free skill-building program designed to help adults manage low mood, mild to moderate depression, anxiety, stress or worry. Delivered online or over the phone with a coach, you will get access to tools that will support you on your path to mental wellness.

Rideau Community Health Services (Perth site):

Health & Mental Health Supports for Youth

Open Doors for Children and Youth – Lanark
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is an accredited child and youth mental health center delivering services throughout Lanark County.

Kids Help Phone
Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only 24/7 e-mental health service offering free, multilingual and confidential support to help all young people Feel Out Loud.
TEXT 686868

One Stop Talk
Mon-Fri, 12-8pm, Sat 12-4pm
One Stop Talk is a free, confidential service that lets children and youth aged 0-17 years call or connect online from anywhere in Ontario to get brief mental health services. Parents seeking services are encouraged to visit One Stop Talk with their child to ensure access to a session. One Stop Talk is not a crisis line. It provides you with one hour of professional therapy at no cost to work through your current issue or problem. Together, a certified therapist and you co-design a plan to help you move forward.

Good2Talk is a free, confidential support service for post-secondary students in Ontario.

BounceBack is a free skill-building program designed to help  youth 15+ manage low mood, mild to moderate depression, anxiety, stress or worry. Delivered online or over the phone with a coach, you will get access to tools that will support you on your path to mental wellness.

MindYourMind offers interactive tools and innovative resources to build capacity and resilience.

Community Home Support

Community Home Support Lanark County:
Services for Seniors and Adults with Physical Disabilities
Perth: 613-267-6400
Smiths Falls: 613-283-6745


Lanark County Housing Services
613-267-4200 ext. 2402

Housing Assistance Program (HAP):
We can help if you are at immediate risk of losing housing or are homeless. The Housing Assistance Program provides financial and non-financial assistance to eligible residents of Lanark County to get or keep affordable housing.
613-267-4200 ext. 2140

Legal Aid

The Legal Clinic
no-fee legal services for low-income residents of Lanark County, Leeds & Grenville, and the Townships of North Frontenac, Central Frontenac and Addington Highlands
9am-4:30pm, Monday-Thursday (closed for lunch, 12-1pm), 9am-12pm Friday
613-264-8888 or 1-888-0777-8916 (toll free)


ConnectWell Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
free income tax returns for modest income families/persons
1-800-667-2617 ext. 3200

Parenting Supports

ConnectWell: Child, Youth and Family Programs
ConnectWell Community Health provides community-based primary health care and health promotion programs and services and a range of developmental and social services in Lanark, Renfrew, and Leeds and Grenville counties, including supporting families, Family Support Workers, and inclusion of children with special needs.

Language Express
Language Express provides speech and language services to babies, toddlers, and preschoolers and their families in Lanark, Leeds and Grenville.

EarlyON & Children's Resources on Wheels
Children’s Resources on Wheels is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and strengthening child care, family life, child development and community links in Lanark County.
613-283-0095 Ext. 300

Child Care Fee Subsidy
Need help reducing your child care costs? Families who live in Lanark County and the Town of Smiths Falls can apply for Child Care fee subsidy. Fee subsidy helps with the cost of licensed child care for children under 13 years old.
613-267-4200 ext 2302

Canadian Children's Literacy Foundation
Tips & resources to help you build your child’s literacy skills.

Media Smarts
Resources to teach your child digital and media literacy skills.

Complete listing of groups and services for parenting support offered in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark.

Youth Services

YAK Youth Services
YAK Youth Services is deeply committed to promoting the well-being and positive development of local youth, serving as a vital support network while providing protective conditions. YYS currently operates the Perth Youth Centre and manage the Perth Community Services Hub, both of which are located at 1881 Rogers Rd.

The Table - Youth Programs
The Table Community Food Centre offers a youth food skills program, after school program, and a youth garden program.
613-267-6428 ext 110


Local Immigration Partnership – Lanark & Renfrew – Newcomer Help
Learn basic information about your new community

OESP (Ontario Energy Savings Program)

OESP can reduce the amount you owe each month, depending on your income. Applications (new and renewals) are completed online at A Community Navigator can help you with this application by phone, whether or not you have internet access. Contact the Navigators (info above) to set up an appointment.

You will need the following to complete the application:
– Proof of annual income (e.g. pay stubs, OW or ODSP stubs, or one month bank statement) for all members of the household with income.
– Utility bill
– Social Insurance Numbers for all adults in the household
– Names & birthdates for all members of the household

LEAP (Low-income Energy Assistance Program) Application

LEAP is for customers who are in arrears on their bill to reduce the amount they owe. To begin your application, call this number: 1-855-487-5327. If you choose The Table as your intake agency, the application will be emailed directly to The Table, and they will contact you to set up the next steps.

If you are able to take photos/screenshots of documents & email them to The Table, you can complete the entire application remotely. If not, you can come into The Table during Navigator office hours (2-5pm, Monday, Wednesday, Friday) to scan documents & sign the application.

In either case, you will need the following documents:
– ID for all members of the household, such as drivers license, OHIP card, passport, etc. Must be photo ID for adults, non-photo ID accepted for minors.
– Most recent utility bill – All pages & sides. If paperless billing, must be a complete PDF of the bill, not a screenshot of an email notification.
– Proof of income, for all members of the household, unless they are under 19 and/or students. Pay stubs from ODSP, OW, CTB &/or bank statements not more than 1 month old.
– Proof of rent or mortgage payments, such as bank statements, lease agreement, legal rent receipt, or the deed to your home. Handwritten letters not accepted.

If eligible, customers can get a credit of up to $500 per year (or $600 if their primary heat source is electric), & can apply twice in 1 year provided they make at least 1 payment between applications.

Compiled with assistance from The Table’s Community Navigators and the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit

See any information that is out of date or incorrect? Want to add a community resource? Contact Erika Heesen, CEO, at