The library is planning to undertake a building condition assessment in order to assess current and future needs for the library building.
The selected contractor will undertake an assessment of the library building and provide a condition assessment report that includes:
- Immediate maintenance needs
- Future suggested maintenance requirements, over the next 15 years
- An assessment of whether or not the first floor of the library building could support a second and/or third story expansion on the same footprint, or what might be required to undertake such an expansion. Specifically, can the first floor support a second floor expansion? Could it support a third floor expansion? If not, what modifications to the existing first floor structural systems and foundations would be required to facilitate such an expansion?
If you would like to submit a proposal to undertake this work, please submit the following:
- a quotation for the full cost of the work outlined
- your expected availability to complete the work,
- up to two examples of similar work that you have completed, and
- confirmation of Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) coverage
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
A non-mandatory site visit is scheduled for March 30, 2022 at 2pm. Quotations must be submitted by April 6, 2022 at 5pm in order to be considered. Quotations will be reviewed by the Library’s Property Committee on April 11, 2022, and a final decision made by the Library Board on April 25, 2022.
Please submit all questions in writing to Erika Heesen, CEO/Chief Librarian, email@example.com, by March 31, 2022. Answers to all questions will be posted on the library website by April 4, 2022.
Responses to Questions:
March 30, 2022 – Do you have architectural and structural drawings of the library that will be available for the condition assessment and structural review?
Yes, we do have architectural and structural drawings of the library that will be available.